Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is without doubt one of Lakeland's best kept secrets which offers visitors a quieter, calmer more relaxing experience.
Open virtually every day of the year, our main operating season is from March to November. We have five classic vessels in regular service, ranging from the beautifully preserved 19th century ‘Lady of the Lake’ and ‘Raven’ to our latest vessel 'Western Belle'.
• This is no ordinary cruise this is a cruise with Ullswater ‘Steamers’ on the England’s most beautiful lake, set within the Lake District National Park.
• An eight-mile, one-hour adventure sailing along the three reaches of the lake.
• Expansive vistas of Lakeland’s greatest mountains.
• Tranquil journeys aboard heritage vessels.
• Level access from the coach to the pier-houses and to the boats.
• Seating on deck and in comfy, relaxing saloons.
• Fully licensed bars onboard and at pier houses serving snacks plus hot and cold drinks.
• Toilet facilities onboard the vessels and at the pier houses.
We then travel by coach through the scenic Kirkstone Pass to Windermere
Bowness-on-Windermere is Cumbria’s most popular destination, with the town busy for much of the year. People come to enjoy the lake for sailing and watersports, or just to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of the area and the town’s delightful setting. Here you will find fine food, wine and ale to compliment the glorious lakeside mountain setting of this historic community. It was here before the Roman occupation, which lasted 400 years, it survived and prospered under the Viking invasion and it will be here after the tourist invasion, which so far has lasted only 200 years. Blame Wordsworth for this latter invasion please!
The price includes:
The Ullswater Cruise
• Return executive coach travel
• Free time in Bowness